Friday, June 5, 2009

1st US Bloggie!!!

Hellooooooooo to all across the pond!!!
So my trip started off a bit panicky........as I am sure most of you heard, I got on the wrong bus and had to get off after the bus didnt turn off the dual carriageway for shannon and wait along the side of the road until super-mom came to get me.
Now I have accepted that I am brain dead, and that this is one that I will NEVER live down, so everyone is allowed to make as much fun as possible!!
So amazingly enough, I managed to make it across the water without any other hiccups! I had two seats to myself, so I was very comfy and got about 3 hours sleep, in between watching "He's just not that into you" (Good movie, easy watching, funny, happy ending mush etc) and Disney's "Bolt" (Hilarious, lotsa good quoting material, great animation, def recommend it, if you like that type of animated stuff!!)
I got my lovely Ford Focus sedan with satellite radio in Chicago and made it all the way up to Ann Arbor, MI safe and sound!!! Barb has a fantastic place, and best of all, a beautiful Siamese cat named Chet!! He's still a little wary of me though, I tried to cuddle him as soon as I saw him, and that was too much for him!!!!
So early Wed morning, I hopped in the car again and drove 4 and a half hours to Toronto to see Nicole. I had Facebooked with her sister and made sure it was ok to visit, and she was super surprised!! I got there on the day that she had 2 shows, so while she was dancing, I went to the CN Tower and took some photos of Toronto. FYI, its only an ok city, nothing jumped out at me and gave me the "I wanna live here" vibe :( So we went for a lovely dinner in a place called Pickle Barrell and had some Bellini's and then she had to dance again, so I went to see Terminator Salvation. It was good, a small bit tacky, but a good action flick all the same! Then when her show was done, we went back to her hotel and talked an caught up on all the gossip and watched another movie. We got up early the next morning and went to the market district, found some really cool stores and shopped and walked around until the evening when she had to get ready for dance again. Then I left Toronto and made it back to MI safe. Barb's friend Jeff had just come into town too, so we went out for Ice Cream and watched a show called "Tru Blood" about a society where hillbillies live with Vampires..........I wanna watch more episodes before I comment!!!
So this morning we went to an "Underground Breakfast". Its where you go to this house, and they make you breakfast and you leave a donation that goes towards a charity called Growing Hope. Its basically like an illegal restaurant, with really good food, and you meet lotsa cool people there!! Tonight we are going to a camping ground where Barb's friends are camping out and we are makin some Mexican street food! And probably gonna have some drinkies!!!

Thats all for now. I realise that its a relatively boring blog.......I will juice up the next one!!
Hope you guys are all well and keep an eye out for my photos on FB, I dont know how to put them up on the blog just yet!!!!

xxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Watching 'He's not that into you' RIGHT NOW! and OH MY GOD LOVE BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah - upload pics is easy when you are blogging. Little icon on top right of blog box looks like a pic. Click it and it will ask u where to choose images from! Keep blogging. I will call you soon. Miss ya loads - so do kiddies and piddle puddle!

    ReplyDelete